View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2022, 01:40   #49  |  Link
Lowpro

We can rebuild Season 1 on Blu-ray. We have the technology.

I purchased "The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series" on Blu-ray recently. I didn't care for the Blu-ray menus and functionality provided, so I decided to re-author the discs to my liking. Just finished with Season 1. I created the graphics for the menus in Photoshop. Once exporting the individual images I generated a Blu-ray compliant set of images using PNG Quantizer for import to BDedit. I then created the Blu-ray folder structure using BDedit importing the images along the way. The static menu background for the TOP MENU is a scan of the front portion of the retail cover art, the lower portion of the cover art being duplicated and extended to the right. It's very basic, but more than gets the job done and will be easy to replicate for the other seasons. The only files I carried over from the retail discs were the M2TS/CLPI files for each episode and bonus feature though I used different numbering for each set of files. End result shown below for Season 1, Disc 1. Screenshots of Discs 2-6 can be viewed in the Blu-ray.com forum thread here.

PLAY ALL:

(Items play sequentially. If playback can be resumed you're given the choice to start from beginning or resume from where you left off.)

(When playback can be resumed. If playback can't be resumed no prompt is given. Playback starts from beginning.)

TV MOVIES:

(If playback can be resumed you're given the choice to start from beginning or resume from where you left off. Play All function disabled.)

(If playback can be resumed you're given the choice to start from beginning or resume from where you left off. Play All function disabled.)

(When playback can be resumed. If playback can't be resumed no prompt is given. Playback starts from beginning.)

SETUP:

(Top Menu offers subtitle selection only. Audio selection built into "Episodes" menu option.)

BONUS:

(Takes you to "Episodes" menu option, the "Play Episode with Commentary" option being selected.)

MAIN MENU:

(Top Menu function of Blu-ray player remote disabled. Main Menu option must be used.)

TV MOVIES:

(Playback starts from beginning. Play All function disabled.)

SETUP:

(When no commentary track is available.)

(When commentary track is available.)

BONUS:

(Takes you to "Episodes" menu option, the "Play Episode with Commentary" option being selected.)

My custom Blu-ray's for "The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 1" can be downloaded here in the event anyone would like to check them out. The download is 15.6 MB and includes no files from the retail discs as I mentioned. Within the "BDMV\BACKUP\BDEDIT" folder for each disc (BD folder set) is a text file outlining which retail files (M2TS/CLPI) need to be added, how they should be named and where they should be placed. Short of that one could still check out the TOP MENU for a given disc using a software based Blu-ray player in addition to looking over the Blu-ray folder structure in BDedit. (When looking over the Blu-ray's in BDedit make sure to reference my GPR definitions. An excel sheet of my GRP definitions for a given disc can be found in its "BDMV\BACKUP\BDEDIT" folder.)

IMPORTANT NOTE: A mouse should not be used for menu nagivation when playing the Blu-ray's using a software based Blu-ray player. Navigating a given Blu-ray menu using a mouse will break the Blu-ray menu. Important things happen as you navigate the menus. Those things only take place when menu navigation is done using a keyboard just as would be the case when using a Blu-ray player remote control.

In any event, just thought I'd share the love. Questions and comments are welcome of course. Now on to Season 2, rinse and repeat. The fun never ends!

Last edited by Lowpro; 11th September 2022 at 01:37.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote