View Single Post
Old 7th October 2022, 17:04   #413  |  Link
rco133

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietvoid View Post
mux with --discard works, since you said the files are the exact same size.
The difference is that extracting the RPU reorders according to the source video file, while muxing the EL directly doesn't reorder anything.

Now it should only make a difference if the BL you reinject into is different from the source.
In your first post you said that the RPU is injected into a reencoded video, so everything seems to work as expected.

When you mux the original EL, the RPU is going to be out of order with the reencoded video.
Yes, I am working with an encoded BL in both cases, and the EL has just been demuxed using dgdemux.

Both output files say they contain:

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

So i guess even though they are not binary identical, they both should play back fine?

The only difference between the two output files is that one is made with the mux -d command line, and the other file is made by extracting the RPU manually and then injection it manually. In both cases the BL (input file) is the same encoded BL.

Just want to be sure that I am not messing something up, by using the mux -d line, since that saves me from actually extracting the RPU.

rco133
rco133 is offline   Reply With Quote