View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2020, 18:51   #18553  |  Link
GazzaCOP

Hi,

Been using RB for a handful of months and it's become my go-to encoding software with killer features for me being Tonemapping and DE, although I've encoded with Handbrake for years. So, I'm moving on now to encoding in a slightly advanced manner - namely using the following script to MDegrain3 certain of my encodes, principally older movies with plenty of grain.

LoadPlugin("C:\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
super=MSuper(video,pel=2)
bv1=MAnalyse(super,isb=true,delta=1,overlap=4)
fv1=MAnalyse(super,isb=false,delta=1,overlap=4)
bv2=MAnalyse(super,isb=true,delta=2,overlap=4)
fv2=MAnalyse(super,isb=false,delta=2,overlap=4)
bv3=MAnalyse(super,isb=true,delta=3,overlap=4)
fv3=MAnalyse(super,isb=false,delta=3,overlap=4)
video=MDegrain3(video,super,bv1,fv1,bv2,fv2,bv3,fv3,thSAD=800)

It all works beautifully but I'm having to copy and paste the script every time into the AVISynth '#denoise' section in the AVISynth video window which is a pain, especially if I forget. Is there a way to get my 'MDegrain3 custom script' into the DENOISE dropdown box next to the window so I can just select it rather than copy/paste each time? Or is there another method I could use? (I've set up a specific X265 profile to introduce --aq-mode 3 although naturally the X265 script doesn't influence the script passed to AVISynth).

Incidentally I find KNLmeansCL hopeless...either one or both my servers regularly stalls when I engage KNLmeansCL....no biggy, MDegrain is good for me.
GazzaCOP is offline   Reply With Quote