View Single Post
Old 29th October 2021, 01:23   #21  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorr View Post
You need Pinterf's version of MVTools, v2.2.7 or later.
I'm definitely using his compile, but I'll have to wait until I'm back on the office computer to check the version number. I'm pretty sure I updated it to something fairly recent.

However, I still think the problem with the merge with white not producing an identical frame lies with the mt_merge plugin, not with MVTools2.

I've been tied up with other things today, but during driving time I thought about this script and am slowly coming to the conclusion that as good as Didée's idea is, it may actually be at the heart of the problem.

The issue is that you have to keep the video the same length, which his idea brilliantly handles. Put another way, for each drop you fill, you have to find a duplicate (or near duplicate) to delete.

Dups removed must equal new frames added at drop points.

I have really good detection logic (he said modestly) that finds both drops and dups. The trick of the whole thing is to have an approach which 100% guarantees that the number of drops filled exactly equals the number of dups removed. If the drops and dups are sparse, and if the Cycle size is large enough, this Didée'-inspired script is going to work most of the time, but if you have lots of drops and if the Cycle size is small, it will fail a lot.

So, I am contemplating rethinking the whole idea and coming up with something that eliminates TDecimate from the script. Unfortunately, this is likely to lead to a convoluted workflow, where I export my dup and drop metrics, dump them into a spreadsheet, and then use spreadsheet formulas and VBA to come up with a list of dups and drops which I'll feed back into an AVISynth script. Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any plugin which will take such a list because I don't think you can just arbitrarily add a few frames here or subtract a few frames somewhere else. That isn't how AVISynth works.

Anyway, I'm going to keep trying for a few more days. There needs to be a solution to this problem.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote