View Single Post
Old 15th August 2017, 16:44   #30  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyCrab View Post
I went ahead and made a pull request that allows sanear to support Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos. Allows me to finally ditch the DirectSound/WaveOut renderers, and with the master branch it even supports enabling/disabling spatial sound during playback with live feedback.

https://github.com/alexmarsev/sanear/pull/19

I made a pull request here as well for MPC-HC's fork.

It works for my stereo 24bit 44.1khz device, with surround sound output for surround content when Dolby Atmos is enabled, and stereo output when Dolby Atmos is disabled, stereo content is playing or if 'Exclusive mode' is enabled. The only thing I haven't tested is 'Exclusive mode' native surround output (such as a HDMI 7.1 output). Easy to test, just need to enable 'Exclusive mode' on a 5.1/7.1 native device and test that sanear plays and outputs 5.1/7.1

Also quick note, 'ignoreSystemChannelMixer' option should be set to false, else it will not output surround sound with Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos.
I don't know if any of the developers has Atmos compatible hardware to test his. So perhaps you could make a test build and post it in the general MPC-HC discussion topic. That could speed up approval.
The integrated Sanear in MPC-HC is currently missing some options compared to standalone version. Maybe you are interested in adding those to settings window in MPC-HC?
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote