View Single Post
Old 6th August 2017, 19:15   #26  |  Link
holnap32

I just wanted to give a supportive comment. I really appreaciate that you are picking up the development of MPC-HC. This is by far my favourite player. I tried a lot VLC, MPC-BE, and many others, but in the end I always come back to MHC-HC.

Some features that I use a lot:
- Download subtitles from subtitle sites from the playing movie in the app itself (can this be done on VLC? I don't think so, I always have to go a web browser download, and load manually.)
- Easy to change subtitle and audio tracks (in MPC-BE it is still akward)
- Unified Remote Full on my Android phone to act as a remote control (doesn't exist for MPC-BE, it exists for VLC)

As for what features/bugs you develop: maybe make a wide table with scores on different criteria. Development time needed, complexity, urgency, usefullness, number of requests, etc. And from that table go for the low effort, high benefit development possibilities.

All in all, the feature I love the most in MPC-HC is how it handles subtitles. It's so convenient to press D, and select the subtitles file from the list, it's incredible.
My vote is to develop any features regarding subtitles, more sites, even more easier.

Then, if we could have a dedicated button for changing audio and subtitle tracks in Unified Remote on Android, that would be great, but probably for this I have to ask them directly.

Keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to the next release! And a big thank you for keeping up the development!
holnap32 is offline   Reply With Quote