View Single Post
Old 8th August 2016, 18:56   #3  |  Link
ewok_shaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
If you intend to watch it as 3D, MakeMKV will remux with AVC+MVC combined (MVC = right eye = 3d data = the "second video track").

You need a 3D player to watch it.

If you open it in MediaInfo, you should see that the AVC stream is listed as...

But, if you intend to have just the MVC data by itself, then you need some of the 3D tools you can find here.
I can't remember how to do it this way. I've not worked with the MVC elementary stream for a long time.
Yeah, I've done the MediaInfo test and seen that the file is supposedly a 3D MKV. But until I can actually access that second video stream, I'll remain skeptical that this is indeed the case. At the moment I'm suspecting that this report of it having a second video stream is merely a case of an incorrect parameter existing in the header.

For one thing, this supposedly 3D MKV file is more or less the same size as an MKV taken from a 2D Bluray of the exact same movie. It ought to contain twice the video data, so I would think it ought to be roughly double the size of the 2D version.

My ultimate goal is to be able to get hi-res screencaps from both the left and right video streams. Previously I've been able to use ffmpeg to churn out the frames of 2D MKVs as a sequence of PNGs, and I'd like to be able to do the same thing with both video streams of a 3D Bluray - even if I can't do it with ffmpeg.

Can you, or anyone else, reccommend a specific tool for extracting the video data from my supposedly 3D MKV in this way?
ewok_shaver is offline   Reply With Quote