View Single Post
Old 13th October 2015, 15:37   #627  |  Link
pharaoh

How to FHD 3d on UHD samsung

Hi. I'm trying to rip my 3d BD's into FHD 3D mkv's. I can successfully create T&B HALF mkv file (total resolution 1920x1080) and they play fine on the TV. The TV can play 4k files. So far I tried T&B HALF, and added the --video-resize filter to the x264 command line to resize the output to 3840x2160. This also plays fine, but I suspect I haven't actually improved the resolution. So I tried deselecting "HALF" (and saying ok to all the warnings), and keeping the same resize filter. The file I got played on the TV, shows up as 8:9 ratio instead of 16:9, even when I switch to T&B 3d mode. I get proper 3d, but everything is only half as wide as it should be. The ideal solution would be to generate a file that is 1920x2160 pixels (2 FHD images stacked), and somehow shows up correctly on the TV. But I think the samsung might have a limitation with non-square pixels, so if I have to make 3840x2160 files, I'll do that. Anyone have a clue for me. I can follow instructions to edit the necessary files. I also tried remuxing the file with the mkvtoolnix gui to change the aspect ratio or display size. But that seemed to have no effect. Tks in advance.