View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2007, 20:25   #162  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
Yes, if there are no problems watching the file (these warnings only apply to video tracks) then you can ignore them. Actually I've disabled the warning this afternoon (after having uploaded the current build though). It was meant for myself for detecting errors in mkvmerge. However, due to the nature of video track timecodes especially with advanced codecs this warning is more often simply bogus and can be ignored. It usually unsettles users, that's why I'm removing it.
Thank you for the explanation.

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I can use graphedit and connect Haali's splitter with the Intervideo Audio Decoder and with the Dump filter; this works with "EVO-to-MKV-with-Haali" file as well as with a "EAC3-to-MKA-with-mkvmerge" file. The results are byte identical, so I'm pretty confident that I haven't screwed up completely
I believe the Dump filter eats whatever you throw at it... But I can not for the life of me connect Haali's splitter with the Intervideo Audio Decoder. Maybe you have a newer version of the Intervideo Audio Decoder than I have? Or do you have a non-public newer build of Haali's splitter?

Quote:
I don't quite understand what you mean.
If I try to open a MKV file with an EAC3 track in it, MPC sais this:

"Media Type 0:
--------------------------
Audio: 0xeac3 48000Hz 6ch"

I thought "0xeac3" was what Haali reported as the audio format. I have a filter which can connect demuxed EAC3 files to the Intervideo Audio Decoder and I believe to remember that I saw it reporting 0xac3 and not 0xeac3. But I might be totally wrong. I'm not really an expert in this area...