View Single Post
Old 8th November 2014, 14:29   #151  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Adding an option to replace the spaces with a dash, an underscore or a dot should be feasible. But no, BD3D2MK3D has never used the underscore. A space is a space, and should be left as it is. We are in the 21th century, and the 8.3 file names without spaces are a thing of the past. IMO, if you have a player or TV that doesn't support the spaces in file names, you should return it to the store for malfunction! But don't worry, I'll try to do what you want. BTW, it will replace ALL spaces in the whole file name with the selected character, not just the last space before the "postfix". Is it OK?

The gaps between the two views of a movie depend of the original BD, and are not due to BD3D2MK3D. I can't remove them. And anyway, a good player should recognise the 3D format automatically with the frame-packing flag in the video stream, or with the stereoscopy option of the MKV container. They are added automatically by BD3D2MK3D anyway, and there is absolutely no need to analyse the image to discover that the file is a 3D movie. (However, I agree that that analysis may be useful for movies badly encoded with programs that do not set these options properly, as it's the case with most 3D movies posted on the internet.) Again, if your player doesn't recognise the 3D format, you should return it to the store! ;-)