View Single Post
Old 28th December 2003, 21:35   #267  |  Link
Umma

Quote:
Originally posted by kempfand
I'm not sure if I read your question ('his' guidelines ?) correctly (bear in mind that my native language is not English).

- If you refer the puzio's question about the wireing of the reverbed W, X & Y, then the answer is no (it's on my todo list).
Sorry about the ambiguity. I should have been clearer as the wiring would have been a topic to touch with him, that and...

Quote:

- If you refer about potential 'ownership' of guidelines, then let me state that Farina's page was just recently updated, and that the bidule I outline above does exactly what what already described here in July 2002 ( A Guide from Stereo to 5 channel Surround ! .
I know it was with a couple of others (and you, too, right?) that EoH put together the first stereo to 5.1 guide, but he also referenced Farina's site in the use of Aurora to create the b-wave. I'm not saying Farina 'owns' the method of conversion, but by providing us with directions in using Farina's Aurora program (and with a big nod to Farina's own guide to using Cool Edit and Aurora), EoH indicated that Farina was a big inspiration at least in the beginnins of the conversion process. Of course it is a dynamic thing and it will constantly be changing as newer stuff comes out, but I guess my question should have been: Has Farina ever seen how his suggestions and use of his Aurora software have inspired people? Or something like that...

I didn't mean any offense, Andreas. I was basically wondering if anyone had contacted him about anything over the last year or so.

Pax,

D