View Single Post
Old 4th April 2016, 19:44   #936  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum, I'm not sure I understand. All files created by BD3D2MK3D are in 3D (unless you launch one of the *_2D_*.cmd files in the project directory).

The first picture in your post is what a 3D-aware player should NEVER show. It's not 3D nor 2D. Just junk. The second picture looks correct, but with a still frame, I cannot see if it is in 3D or 2D.

IMO, your player simply recognises the 3D file extension or the stereoscopy field of the MKV container, or the frame-packing field of the h264 stream. It's normal and expected. Often, the 3D movies downloaded from the internet do not have the correct flags and are played as 2D movies, with the two views side by side or stacked vertically (like in your first image). That's the incorrect behaviour.

Since nVidia knows the 3D, I suppose that it does its job correctly, and shows you the movie in 3D (and you need the glasses), or it detects that the 3D hardware is not present or not ready and shows you the movie in 2D (only one view). If it's not what you want, you should configure it to output exactly what you need. I don't recommend to remove the 3D flags from your movies, since they are correct and useful in most situations. It's the configuration of your hardware that is incorrect.

To reply to your question, you can change the file extension (like 3D-abq or 3D-HSBS) if you have selected the option to use one of them in Settings -> Output File Name -> 3D Format Extension.

If it's not sufficient, you can also change the stereoscopy field of the MKV container with the "header editor" (a part of the MkvToolnix GUI). Select the "Edit Headers" option in the left pane, load the MKV, expand the Video track and change the "Video stereo mode" at the bottom of the list to 0 (or simply tick the "Remove element" option). Finally, use the Header Editor -> Save menu to save the change. There is no need to remux everything.

The third way to flag the movie as 3D is the frame-packing mode of the h264 video stream. Unfortunately, afaik it is impossible to change that field without re-encoding the video. (BTW, it's that flag that is used with the 3D videos on Youtube to identify them as 3D.) If you don't want to include that field in your future conversions with BD3D2MK3D, you should edit __ENCODE_3D.cmd and temove the --frame-packing N argument in the x264 command. (N is a number depending of the Half/Full-SBS/T&B/Frame-Sequential mode).

I repeat that it is absurd to remove the 3D identifiers. A 3D movie must be flagged as 3D, to help the players recognise automatically the right format. It's the player that you must configure correctly. If you remove the 3D flags now, you will probably regret having done it later.