View Single Post
Old 6th September 2005, 13:23   #148  |  Link
dragongodz

Quote:
since this model was put into operation, KVCD.Net has been the cleanest and most joyful site to visit and to talk about advanced video conversion, because the people that join truly want to learn, and the pay model keeps the rats out of the site.
Quote:
In the past it used to get very frustrating with all the AVI warez kiddies that used to hound the board with ways to convert their illegally gotten movies and got to such a state that it was becoming unbearable.
hmm ok lets assume the "rats" refered to are warez kiddies. how exactly does disabling reading stop them from fouling up the forum ? it doesnt. disabling posting by needing to be a member does. so the arguement that reading by anyone has to be members only aswell to stop them is plain false.
now you may say why would anyone just want to read. ok i will give you an easy example.
Bill hears about kvcd and after looking around thinks he may be interested in testing it out for his vcd/dvd. now he hears there is an actual website with a forum. good he thinks i can see what experiences people have had and any problems and work arounds etc. goes to the website, goes to read the forum and......he must pay.
now other may be fans of that all they like but i am not.

Quote:
because specifically dragongotz has made several comments about us, on different occasions
funny but i dont seem to remember me ever going to your forum and flaming away at people as you have done before here. infact me saying things like i dont like a forum being pay-per-view is nothing to the attitude you have brought here in the past. as i also said i get on fine with people that are seriously trying to give or get help here but not those who just want to rant and flame. oh and so we are clear on this it was john3voltas who brought kvcd in to this topic with his mini-rant about how kvcd matrix always gets blamed etc. instead of just explaining what the problem was(with details) and seeing what we would say.

Quote:
Below is our PayPal record of some transactions that have been made specifically to the open source community
well good on you. still has nothing to do with what i have said.

Quote:
I just would like to know why some people here won't acknowledge that and why they will never stop sending sarcastic messages when someone else says he/she has a problem with an encode that used the Notch matrix or that was encoded with some help at the Kvcd.net forum.
now thats a big stretch. go back and read that post you did. you assumed people would say something. maybe in future wait and see what they actually say instead.

this is all way off topic and i have no interest in reading more justifications of peoples actions so i wont bother to reply to anymore such posts here.