View Single Post
Old 28th January 2010, 03:02   #1392  |  Link
fingershop

I'd like to rephrase my request... :-)

After you've configured a file for muxing, it would be handy if mmg would allow you to "replace" that file by choosing another one, while maintaining all configured settings.

Normally, you would click on the file in the Input files list, click the remove button, then click the add button to add another one and configure it.

Instead, you would click on the file in the Input files list, click the "replace" button, and (after manually choosing the replacement file) that's it, this file would be ready for muxing (or queuing) with no re-configuration needed.

I agree that a full automation method would take lots of work to implement. This simpler idea would, I'm guessing, take a much smaller amount work. Functionally, it might be as simple as verifying the replacement file's structure, and changing the file name variables (input and output) that will be used for muxing.

Yes, scripting languages are powerful, but none of them particularly let you choose streams and attributes from a gui, which is the key thing for ease of use.

Last edited by fingershop; 28th January 2010 at 03:04.