View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2004, 03:29   #15  |  Link
Paddington
Author of SubtitleCreator

Here a quick reply...

1) Still on my list...
2) Indeed, lines in italic (bold, or underlined for that matter) are not centered. The reason being that it is quite difficult and inaccurate to measure the length of an italic string, and determine the correct position.
3) I wouldn't know where it goes wrong. I always use the original IFO file, and select from the colors that go with it.
4) I actually never noticed - that shouldn't take too long to include as a new feature.
5) It does work - but I never bothered to use the new settings. I normally take a screenshot using Nero Showview, open it in the preview window, position the subtitle box where I want it, and then never check again.
6) I never had this requirement - I am also familiar with some subtitles for the hearing impaired using two colors to denote the different speakers, but the main problem is that most subtitles you can download don't use color tags. And I am just too lazy to do it by hand myself...

The main speed advantage is, I think, because I don't scroll all the commands in the bottom window, and I have no preview enabled by default, which really slows things down....

Like written in a pm, I would appreciate your help in setting up a sourceforge project.
Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote