View Single Post
Old 4th August 2004, 06:25   #8  |  Link
Paddington
Author of SubtitleCreator

Some answers

With respect to the picture showing the uggly lines - I think that might be my fault. I will check the code, but it might be that I don't clean the bitmap (where I draw the text) completely, so there are still some leftovers from the previous subtitle... I will check...

About the question regarding the text quality: I use the standard graphical functions of the operating system to write the subtitle text to a bitmap, and convert the bitmap to a sup file. Improving the text quality is therefore the best you can get using the PAL/NTSC resolution (without writing my own text plotting function). If you are not satisfied, try using a different font...

About transparency problems: I am surprised to hear about that one. The only thing you might check is to make sure that you don't use the dark gray (=default) background color for something else. I haven't tested that, but there seems to be a limitation if you use one color twice, and one of them should be transparent.
Another difficulty might be with NTSC - IfoEdit has some problems with it, so you might give ReJig a try.

About positioning in the black area: I suppose that should be possible. Make a screenshot of your DVD and use this as the background image. Next, position the subtitles in the black area where you want them.
Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote