View Single Post
Old 19th September 2008, 00:46   #229  |  Link
JK1974

Sorry for getting off-topic in-between the lines - between all this discussion on deinterlacing - I will come back to this point later on.

I also checked DGAVCIndexNV on two XP SP3 machines with GeForce 8600 GT, and it is really fantastic. No more artifacts on my AVCHD recordings of my Canon HF100 (which I had with DGAVCIndex before).

When trying to install it on the second machine, the plug-in did not load. I installed the latest drivers 177.92 (which seems to be beta; from the "the force within" promotion section of the site), tried it with the "special" cuda drivers, installed the toolkit, nothing worked until I checked again with Sysinternals Processmon. It was finally the nvcuvid.dll which was missing in the system32 directory - after installing this I could even remove the cuda toolkit and reinstall the latest (beta) drivers.

I still have some remarks on the tool itself:
- When doing a SeparateFields(), BFF seems to be used although even DGAVCIndexNV itself says that it is TFF. Currently, I would have to set an AssumeTFF() before in any script handling with the fields.
- I think it has not really clearly been said: TempGaussMC is a bobber which makes an 1080i50 being a 1080p50 while the NVIDIA deinterlacer just outputs 1080p25. This might be interesting for Blu-ray ripping but when it is about scaling while preserving the fields e.g. for an AVCHD-to-DVD conversion, this deinterlacing is useless IMHO - or did I miss something?
- One little request: Could you please add the extension "mts" to the list of ts-streams in DGAVCIndexNV? Itīs the extension used by Canon AVCHD-Cams.