View Single Post
Old 14th October 2017, 10:31   #1  |  Link
mbcd

Suggestions for "true" BluRay subtitle editor

Hi guys

As mentioned in some other thread I am ---trying--- to do a more accurate editor / creator for BluRay subtitles, using some more effects it has to offer.
Dont forget to mention the word "trying", time is always a critical factor, so it can take a long time until I have someting to show.

Basically I am stucking at the basics, so I thought it is nice to ask you how you would like to use it.
Of course there are some strong limitations in BluRay-Specifications, so not everything is possible.

Basically I wanna do it like some "SRT" to Bluray editor. Taking text as input and creating the subs.
So there are some questions that are important.
I do not have any official specifications, but it should be possible to use up to 4 captions at the same time (with some limitations).

So using more than one caption at a time is a big difference to all other programs that already handle subtitles.
I need some suggestions how you would like to have a program that can handle this. It also should be as easy and comfortable as possible, a "hard" way I know already, but I dont wanna do that, that would be the easiest way for me, but the hardest for you, very uncomfortable.

Remember that you can choose Textfonts, Textsizes, Textcolor and some other of that "regular" options to format each text. And you should always remember that you have to position each text on screen.
Also importing OCR`d text is some important point, which text-format to take, which saves positions, which save text-styles ?
Use one textfile per "all up to 4 captions at a time" or use one caption for each of the four seperated ?

How to use multiple captions on a screen ?
How to signal "forced" subtitles ?

So you see there are many questions, I would like to let this thread to collect some ideas. I will try to find out which one will work and what is possible. I need some of these ideas to do my basic structure, until that problems are solved, I cant take the next step, because changes always takes lots of additional time.

I also play to export ripped sup als xml+png for all available captions (not like "BDSup2Sub" which ignores multiple captions.
Also some basic actions are possible on plain "sup", without doing OCR first and using text, but UI is only for text-input.

OCR is not on my list.

So feel free to give some hints, links, ideas ans suggestions, thow in what you think, your wishes ...
But as I said in the beginning, there is no guarantee for anything.

I do not have an internet-connection for sure for the next one or two weeks, so feel free to "spam" here.

Last edited by mbcd; 14th October 2017 at 10:37.
mbcd is offline   Reply With Quote