View Single Post
Old 29th October 2011, 07:32   #49  |  Link
Robert Martens

I am an enormous idiot. Audio completely slipped my mind, somehow, all this time. It turns out your explanation, and solution, are both on the money, although by default I don't use Overlay but StackHorizontal/Vertical, which also follow the "audio from the first clip" rule. Off the top of my head I can't remember what it is, but I think there's a reason I use bg as the first argument for Overlay/Layer instead of the center, so it looks like AudioDub is the right answer here.

I have a test version prepared that uses AudioDub, see if this helps: http://www.mediafire.com/?1q76caze4ic42cd Disable your existing version by changing the file extension or moving the file, and stick this one in your plugins directory.

The simple solution seems to be assigning the result of the giant conditional statement to a variable, then dubbing the audio from the center clip onto that as the last step. I know you said you had to remove the AudioDub line for non box modes, but testing some clips here shows the new script retaining audio in both standard and box modes, while version 1.11 does not.

Let me know how it goes; if this test script works I'll release it as version 1.12.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote