View Single Post
Old 18th February 2015, 02:30   #189  |  Link
zaphodalive

In case there was any doubt I have confirmed the same variations at the same points in both the 00800.mpls and 01800.mpls encodes - i.e. the audio test in 00939 at the start of the playlist has no effect on the sub synchronisation. Figured I may as well still check it in case the Thor 2 bluray happened to be abnormal and the main playlist was adding a secondary issue.

Just found this from 0xdeadbeef in relation to BDSup2Sub:
Quote:
Regarding the SRC/TRG frame rates: AFAIK the SUP file doesn't contain any info about the frame rate. Therefore, if you want to convert the frame rate, you have to select the source and target frame rates manually. The 23.976 as source and 25fps as target is just the default setting as this is my typical scenario (PAL speedup from 24p). Indeed the source and target frame rates are only used to calculate a speedup/slowdown factor that's used to manipulate the time stamps.
So it seems that the FrameRate="25" in the XML is needed to match the default target framerate of 25, keeping the source and target framerate ratio 1:1. If you adjust one but not the other then the sub time stamps are contracted/elongated. Not sure if I've quite got that right but I'm sure you understand it better - hopefully it helps clear up what's happening.

I have a small request for BD3D2MK3D; I have a 4K TV as my monitor and so I do all my encodes as full-SBS and would prefer to keep a 32:9 aspect ratio, but the MKV container settings (in _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt) specify the aspect ratio as 16:9. I can obviously manually adjust the txt (which is what I have been doing) but it would be good if there was an option to keep it as 32:9 (or presumably 16:18 for top & bottom). I don't use the TV's native 3D processing (I use Stereoscopic Player to interleave the output) so have no requirement for it to display half-SBS, and full-SBS helps me assess encode quality.

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated.