View Single Post
Old 5th April 2018, 19:22   #1450  |  Link
Actionable Mango

r0ltZ, can I humbly suggest a feature for your to-do list? A lot of 3D movies seem to get the shaft when it comes to audio. For example an ATMOS track is available for a movie, but only on the 2D disc. I don't really understand this, as both discs are typically included in the same case together, and looking at file sizes there is room on the 3D disc.

I think it would be great in BD3D2MK3D to be able to open two sources, one for the 3D video source, and the other for the same movie but with better audio such as ATMOS, then merge the two into a 3D MKV file with ATMOS.

I'm hoping this is easy, as MKVtoolnix does this and it's already in the bundle of tools used by BD3D2MK3D. The technique seems simple:
I simply used MakeMKV to rip both the 3D Blu-ray and the 2D Atmos Blu-ray into MKVs. Then opened MKVToolNix and muxed the 3D MVC video, chapters and subtitles from the first MKV with only the TrueHD7.1/Atmos audio track of the second MKV. Took about 25 minutes to compile and I have 1 perfect 3D MVC MKV Atmos file. No sync issues, no playback issues in Kodi 14/15 and just in fact finished watching it and it looked fantastic and sounded amazing!
Source for that quote is the "update" section of the first post here:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...l#post32777961

If not, I can just do this manually before starting BD3D2MK3D. But the great thing about BD3D2MK3D is to put many separate tools and processes into a single, easy-to-use GUI, which I really appreciate.

I also know I can't use this currently, because the LG's ARC out won't support ATMOS. But I don't know how I'll play these files in the future, and that could easily be Plex on a little media player box that supports bitstreaming ATMOS. I have already purchased two ceiling speakers.

Last edited by Actionable Mango; 5th April 2018 at 19:25.