View Single Post
Old 14th June 2019, 14:40   #1579  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejoro View Post
Hello everyone,

I discovered this forum finally, such a forum that I had been looking for quite some time.

I converted a 3D Bluray 3D MVC with Makemkv and from there I enter it directly into BD3D2MK3D to create a 3D SBS Full HD of 3840x1080p but I can not read it. This is the first time I use BD3D2MK3D.

Reading it with MPC-HC I get a stretched tape genre 2.40 while my film is in original 16/9. I have 3D but the format is wrong.

So my question, is there a specific player to read this file from BD3D2MK3D or any player, MPC-HC, VLC or Potplayer can read it? Or changes in the settings to make?

I have a passive 3D system with 2 Epson Full HD projectors, a Geobox G-303, Omega filters in the projectors and Omega glasses.

I can not find a tutorial to use BD3D2MK3D correctly because given the number of parameters to enter, I am lost.

Could you put me on the trail of a tutorial?

Thanks for your help. Excuse me for my english translated with Google Translator.

Denis
Welcome to the Doom 9 forums, dejoro !

You can probably use a player that can force the aspect ratio of the movie (like PotPlayer), but IMO it's not the right solution.

The problem with the SBS and TAB 3D movies is that the aspect ratio must be specified either for the whole image (with the 2 views), or for a single view (after the division to 2 equal views, and the required resize). It seems that it's not a problem with Half-SBS and Half-TAB, but for Full-SBS or Full-TAB, the de-facto standard is not well established. So, the right aspect ratio to include in the file depends of your 3D equipment. Furthermore, two different aspect ratios must be specified, one in the video stream, and one in the MKV header. Since I can't know in advance on what equipment the final MKV will be played, it is your responsibility to provide the right aspect ratios.

See the menu Settings -> Full-SBS/T&B aspect ratio. Change the two settings one at a time, and try to encode a short clip, to determine what combination works best with your equipment or software player. It's a pity, but I cannot help you more.

Note also that Full-SBS is a non-standard format. If you want to avoid most problems (with the aspect ratios or the 3D subtitles for example), I recommend to encode in Half-SBS. The price to pay is of course the half-resolution, but it's much more simple, and you will probably never have bad surprises, especially when you buy a new TV or video player.

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th June 2019 at 14:44.