View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 14:32   #1574  |  Link
konikpolny

SRT2D to ASS3D conversion tool

r0lZ,
When I convert SRT 2D to ASS 3D with the 2D guide file temp_2D.xml (grabbed from the project's png subs directory) vertical placement is made correctly according to the guide but for the horizontal positioning none of the subs is correctly taken from the guide. THis is something I observed a long time ago but didn't have time to let you know.
Could you please have a look at this when you have time.

Also, I think someone already asked a similar request in the past - It would be really great if there was a choice to select whether we want both horizontal and vertical guides to be used or selectively horizontal or vertical only.

What I really care about is some adjustment to the vertical placement. This could be done by forcing the manual "Bottom margin" setting, or some additional adjustment option which would be added to the guide's vertical value. Ideally having both of these options available would be useful, but forcing the "Bottom margin" setting seems more important.
The reason why I am asking for this is that, whenever I can, I place my subtitles some way down half below the bottom edge of the video to get the subtitles out of the picture as much as possible, but at the same time still making them easy for the eyes to read.

Is that something that you could do in future?

Last edited by konikpolny; 15th May 2019 at 15:28.