View Single Post
Old 13th October 2004, 23:50   #717  |  Link
Eye of Horus
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DSP8000
It is very good to have people that understand so much about audio, but people with attitude like yours just make me sick.
On the end of the day this forum is NOT yours, so nobody is taking over something yours.

DSP8000
I fully agree and nowhere I said it's my forum !
But the guide is my intellectual property and I posted it here for everyone to enjoy. If my efforts on converting stereo to surround are reason for some people to get offensive, I have the right to remove it too ! I also have the right to feel disappointed about the behaviour of someone here, the constant attacks and praising anything other than my guide in the thread I started with my guide. No moderator who did anything about it ! No moderator with a : stay on topic message. (only after a request !)
Messages about the bad results my method should give and immediately sending people to his method...... No operator in sight !

Even questions addressed to me are answered immediately by this person. Why ? He is not EoH, I am !
No moderator who says anything about that behaviour....

All with the reason : free forum, freedom of speech etc. etc.
If being offensive is called freedom of speech here, I don't want to be part of it any longer !

And before someone comes with the question : yes, I tried to solve things ! I tried to reach out ! But it cannot come from me alone. Both sides should be willing to solve the problems. I was !

I regret the days that DSPGuru had an active role here, are over.
I regret seeing all good people (people who could learn me something without constantly nagging about my method) stopped posting...
I regret the fact that Doom9 is no longer the first place to visit when having problems with audio or video, for a lot of people.

I regret that it has to end this way.

And mostly I regret having to leave (or better being forced to leave) because there is also a large group of persons here, that I like and who were friendly and appreciated what I made ! I want to thank them for the nice responses and perhaps I'll see you all somewhere else in future !

kind regards,

EoH