View Single Post
Old 1st July 2017, 22:06   #44253  |  Link
igvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Hmmmm... Do you keep the ICC profile active, and the 3DLUT comes on top of that? Or do you have "disable GPU gamma ramps" checked in madVR, which I think should disable the ICC?

Usually you get the best quality if you disable the ICC and create a new 3DLUT which does everything. But that might not be what you want?
This ICC profile is used for color managed programs to map the output colors to the monitor color space. I'm not loading anything to GPU, if I understood the question correctly.

The monitor itself has several modes (like Full wide gamut, sRGB, Adobe RGB). I usually switch between Full (native) and sRGB mode. And here system monitor ICC profile changes (when done in NEC MultiProfiler, not via monitor own controls) - it's actually convenient, because all color-managed programs know how to convert the colors.
Except for madVR, which still uses wrong 3D LUT. So, if I could access the name of the current system display ICC profile, I could use another 3D LUT in madVR (or disable usage of it at all).

Here is example of display profile in Windows:

Last edited by igvk; 1st July 2017 at 22:16.
igvk is offline   Reply With Quote