View Single Post
Old 25th February 2007, 01:36   #13  |  Link
Shandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobojobo View Post
Would it be during audio transcoding the resulting audio file should be named differently, shouldn't it? Like audio2 DELAY 0ms.mp4
Thats what I meant with "If the App takes care of the Delay and generates the output filename" ... If the Filename incorporates a DELAY it is taken into account whence encoding with MeGUI, or with BeSweetLight (if not overridden), or whatsoever... but those Apps are not changing the "Automatic" derived Filename in complience with their "Fix" to the Offset...

So if you put a DELAY +-X File to MeGUI encoding - what you will get is a +-0ms File, but with a Filename that stays true to the original name... Tick the delay box, enter 0ms delay and you will get a file that stays true to the filename.
IMHO that is a problem, because if you MUX yourself audio and video with - lets say MKVToolnix - that GUI will add the delay refered to in the Filename, and therefore be wrongly offset by the name. As I am always muxing manualy I do not know what will happen for automuxing, or muxing in general with MeGUI. I simply stick to "mmg" - and there I know now to either strip the DELAY from the filename, or to deactivate the automatically detected Offset.

I do not know what happens for MeGUI and muxing therein...
Shandra is offline   Reply With Quote