View Single Post
Old 9th September 2019, 13:32   #1685  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
OK, I can admit that a fast encoding can be a good thing, even if the quality is a bit less good. But for me, it will be difficult to check the arguments without the possibility to actually launch the encoding. It's my main concern. But if tebasuna51 or you can help me to build and check a few command lines (corresponding roughly to the different encoding methods of x264), and then test them, I can probably add NVEnc in BD3D2MK3D.

Another method would be to just add the possibility to encode with NVEnc, with just the simpler arguments automatically added (such as the --chapter and --key-on-chapter arguments) and a large text field where the user will have to type the other arguments, related to the encoding mode and quality, under his own responsibility. I can add two buttons to save and load these arguments, so that you can easily define several presets. For me, that will be much easier, as I will have nothing to test, and the user will have to do the hard work without any help. And if some of your presets are really good, I can perhaps add them in the BD3D2MK3D code later, as hardcoded presets for the novice users.
Is it OK for you ?
Thanks for your goodwill and proposals. It would be certainly OK for me, but unless there is a broader demand don't do anything just for me. I can get along with manual modifications as per tebasuna' hints. I am afraid that you would risk to be flooded with questions from potential users who experience some problems with their HW/GPU or are otherwise dissatisfied. You may not be able to help as you can't replicate the issues with your HW. You may just open a can of worms and you wouldn't do a favour to yourself and to your great software.
Maybe time will tell whether there is a real or broader demand for NVEnc. Thanks again.

Last edited by Sharc; 9th September 2019 at 13:36.