View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:58   #1423  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiltr0n View Post
I am doing Full 3D SBS and need to have my file resolution be 3840 x 2160 after compressing instead of 3840 x 1080. Is there a way to achieve this? [...] I'm hoping there is some text I can add to the "__ENCODE_3D.cmd" that will do this.
Yes, you can do it, but you have to edit the __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file, not __ENCODE_3D.cmd.

In __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs, you will see this:
Code:
# Build Side-by-Side stream
StackHorizontal(Left, Right)
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")
Just add a resize command between the two original command, like this:
Code:
# Build Side-by-Side stream
StackHorizontal(Left, Right)
LanczosResize(3840, 2160)
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")
Note that there is a lot of avisynth Resize commands. Some give better results than others, but are usually slower. There are endless discussions on what is the best command to enlarge an image. There are also specific parameters to fine-tune these commands. You will have to select the one that you like yourself. Lanczos is among the best resize methods, but is somewhat slow. Anyway, since here you just want to multiply the height of the picture by exactly 2, a somewhat basic resize should give good results.

And don't ask me what SAR and PAR you have to use so that your player will display correctly the movie encoded in that unusual resolution. As I've explained previously, there is no established standard for the aspect ratios for 3D SBS and T&B, and the values to use may depend of your player. Just remember to change the SAR in __ENCODE_3D.cmd and the --aspect-ratio field in __MUX_3D_OPTIONS. I suppose that you can use 0:16/9 in __MUX_3D_OPTIONS, as it's the AR of the full-SBS as well as the final, decoded movie. The SAR in __ENCODE_3D.cmd is more difficult to figure out. Anyway, it might be a good idea to check the movie with several players. Remember that you will probably not use the same player during your whole life!

Good luck!

Last edited by r0lZ; 23rd February 2018 at 12:12.