View Single Post
Old 15th February 2023, 17:11   #9003  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by filler56789 View Post
I used the GCC packages built by nevcairiel or by www.msystem.waw.pl/x265.
I used them too, but the readme should really be updated as they're no longer Windows XP compatible and have not been for a while now (I think pre-pandemic).

@jpsdr... I'll bother you soon-ish via email, as soon as I have a bit of spare time at work (which is unlikely given the stuff I have to do right now). Anyway, to summarize, although I was totally fine with your x264 mod for x264, the fact that the company I work for is part of the partner program with Multicoreware makes me a bit "sad" to have to use modded version of x265 as well, so I'm determined to gather a list of the changes and come up with a big proposal to MCW to eventually merge them back into x265 and we can do this together given that we already had a chat with them about that other thing you asked last time. TL;DR given that we actually have a say on this, I'd like to avoid having an x265 mod that ends up becoming yet another x264 mod-like kind of situation where changes/fixes/improvements are never merged back and no one cares.

Last edited by FranceBB; 15th February 2023 at 17:19.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote