View Single Post
Old 14th March 2015, 11:21   #263  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.62

Finally, here is the fix for the bug reported by Frank above. I have also added an explanation in the "Convert subtitles to 3D (with 3D-Planes)" tool, to explain why it is important to use an XML file at the correct frame rate of 23.976 fps. (Click the [?] button next to the "Source FSP" option in the GUI.)

Due to the problem I got with my antivirus, I haven't had much time to test this release. I would be greateful if you can test it carefully. (@ Frank: If you have some time, please test the new frame rate changes, and the "Source FPS" option in the Convert Subtitles to 3D tool. Thanks in advance!)

I have also added an option to use the x264 resize filter instead of the avisynth resize when the output must be resized to 720p. However, I don't recommend to use x264 to do the resize, because it is slightly slower. I haven't tested the quality of the resizes. Also, the default resize filter is now the Avisynth BicubicResize, instead of Lanczos. Bicubic is much faster, and slightly better when shrinking an image.

This release has also some other improvements and little bug fixes:
Quote:
# v0.62 (March 14, 2015)
# - Bug fix: The frame rate when retrieving the Depth values from the 3D-Planes was wrong. (Thanks Frank!)
# - Minor GUI changes in the Convert Subtitles to 3D tool, including a "?" button to explain how to use the frame rate option.
# - Improvement: When "both" (VobSub and BD SUP) is ticked in tab 2, the conversion to 3D is now made only once.
# - Added the possibility to resize to 720p with x264 instead of with Avisynth
# - The default resize filter for 720p is now "Avisynth Bicubic", better and much faster than the old default Lanczos
# - Replaced the dead web page for the x264 help (the [?] button next to the Additional Options field in last tab) with a new, up to date page.
# - Updated eac3to.exe (and its associated DLLs) to the latest version (v3.28).
# - Several improvements and little bug fixes.
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z