View Single Post
Old 18th December 2017, 02:11   #1  |  Link
zeeter

MPC-HC / madVR 4K HDR Issues

I used to have my current HTPC connected to my 55" Panasonic Plasma and had no issues with various playback at 1080p, mostly MKV rips. I just got a 65" LG C7P OLED and I have no issues playing back the 1080p content. I normally am not using madVR to playback 1080p...I setup MPC-HC to use the Enhanced Video Renderer (Custom Presenter). This is how I've always played back normal content, and have never had any issues with quality or performance. I run into issues only when playing back various UHD/HDR content using madVR.

I was not using madVR before at all, and this part is all new to me. I've tried all kinds of options/configs and I just can't get the playback stable. It either stutters, only audio plays - video freezes, or just completely freezes. This is when playing various UHD content, again MKV containers. I've read all kinds of things to try to get full 4K with HDR support working, but none of this is working for me, and I'm just wondering if maybe it's a hardware limitation.

HTPC Specs:
Intel Core i5-3570K
8GB DDR3
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 SC GAMING 2GB
Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update

I would think this would be enough horsepower to playback just about anything, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe my lower end 1050 GTX GPU just doesn't have enough power to output 4K HDR. Or maybe my madVR settings are incorrect. Could someone possibly assist me with this, or maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
zeeter is offline   Reply With Quote