View Single Post
Old 4th October 2019, 19:33   #3  |  Link
Goggen240

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Dont know if any of this may point you in right direction.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...56#post1875156

https://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/Home/

good luck.
No, I'm afraid not.
The post/thread is about bugs in filter blending for inputs from AviSynth and fflayer (and how to turn on "Swap input/output panes").
Merge layers, blend layers and fflayer do different things; fflayer loads and overlays an image or video.

"fflayer": Overlays an image or video on top of "Previous output" or "Source". I think you can choose, if so it's right-clicking and selecting Add Input. Using the Curve Editor you could also blend fflayer however you want.
I've been using an older VideoOverlay filter for that for years, and if it's images I just use Logo. But it's nice you can set the fflayer overlay to a specific opacity (50%), rather than eyeballing what the Curve Editor is set to.
"blend layers": Blends two filters together, but they don't have to be a separate image/video file like fflayer, should work with any filter. It says it blends two layers, but I don't know how to actually do that. I've only been able to blend "Source" and "Previous output", and I don't think "Source" counts as a layer.

"merge layers": Blends two layers using a third layer. I *assume* this could mean a mask, that's what I'm trying to use it for at least, but I have no idea how to load three inputs, I've only gotten to one (Previous output) and that doesn't do anything.

The project I'm tinkering with is to try and fix a video with messed up deinterlacing; the fields are alternating two by two rather than one by one. I've gotten some of the way there with VideoOverlay and dozens and dozens of intermediate files (field by field!), but it would be very nice to be able to use merge layers to blend a complicated filter stack through a mask for that.
If that's what merge layers is supposed to do...?
I'm hoping to extend the principle to files that have even worse messed up deinterlacing; scaling from 576i to 480i has a (roughly) 34 line pattern of alternating TFF-blend-BFF-blend-TFF, and that's real bad. I have a concert video that's been scaled from 1080i50 to 720p, 540p, 360p and 270p; it should be possible to reconstruct most of a 1080p50 file by blending that mess together.

Trying to do that is my white whale, heh.

Last edited by Goggen240; 4th October 2019 at 19:40.
Goggen240 is offline   Reply With Quote