View Single Post
Old 10th February 2023, 12:01   #19970  |  Link
TDS
Formally known as .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiel View Post
Thank you TDS and rlev11 this gives me something to work on as an interim solution.

FWIW 2:1 is also known as Univisium and has been around as a option for both movies and tv since the late 1990s.

What I would really like to understand what is causing the mistranslation from 2:1 to 1.85:1 and whether it can be fixed. Ideally I want to be able to take a mixed bag of avc videos (different sizes and ratios) and convert them to hevc with a fairly standard size (e.g Auto Height: 1280). While this works fine for more common formats, it fails on 2:1, so these need to be identified separately and either run through a custom script in advance or re-sized afterwards. I am also curious as to how the Auto Height option works and whether there could also be an Auto Width version.
Is there any chance that you could upload a sample or full episode of one of these 2:1 clips ???

I don't think I have had anything like this, some OLD DVD type TV episodes can have a fussy resizing issue.

There is a filter/script that can auto resize clips to a preset width, and auto calculates the height, called "Deep Resize", but it can't be used with standard RipBot.

You could also check this info out, and see if you can do something with it ...

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/SimpleResize

RipBot264 modded builds..

Last edited by TDS; 10th February 2023 at 12:09.
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote