View Single Post
Old 27th February 2015, 12:50   #217  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.60

Here is the update. It's an important update, because it fixes (or should fix) all decoding problems related to the Intel MVC Decoder (used indirectly by DGMVCSource and FRIMSource). As you know if you have followed the development of BD3D2MK3D, there was a decoding bug in Pacific Rim around 1:06:14 (as you can see in the old thread here). Recently, I have discovered a similar decoding bug in Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (at 1:23:35). It was therefore urgent to find a solution to that problem. The update of the MVC decoder made by Intel last year was completely bugged, so I have never updated the libmfxsw32.dll included with all previous versions of BD3D2MK3D. But after having noticed the new bug in Dragon Gate, Nico and I have contacted Donald Graft (ex Neuron2 here), and he has been kind enough to try to fix the problem. With the help of Intel and frank (who did several tests on his numerous PCs with hardware acceleration of the 3 beta versions released by Donald) we have now a solution that seems to work fine on (almost) all PCs.

Just be sure to use DGMVCSource (instead of FRIMSource, not updated yet). Verify what version you are using with Settings -> MVC Decoder.

However, if you have a recent Intel CPU that supports the hardware acceleration, you might need to update your Intel drivers to use the latest version without problem. Please be sure to do so before posting bug reports here. Also, Intel has dropped the support for some processors, and if there is no recent drivers available, you may have to turn the hardware acceleration off (with Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware Acceleration -> Disabled).

I'm still not sure, but that update *should* also fix the problem of the black frames reported by CaBleman and Iggyrules above. That should be confirmed soon.

Please be sure to post here all problems you may encountered with the current version of the MVC decoders. Thanks in advance!

I want to thank the guys who have helped to finally have a solution to that numerous problems of the Intel decoders: Donald Graft who has kindly accepted to work again on his decoder despite the poor support from Intel, Frank who has spent much time in testing the fixed versions, Nico for his constant help, the developers of the Intel team who have finally released a version of their decoder that seems to work well, and everyone that has posted bug reports about Pacific Rim and helped to identify the problem.

This release of BD3D2MK3D has also a few other changes. They are less important little bug fixes. Note however the new option in the Settings menu: Full-SBS/T&B Aspect Ratio. Previously, when a movie was encoded in Full-SBS or Full-T&B, BD3D2MK3D used 16:9 as the aspect ratio to write in the MKV header, assuming that it's the "final" aspect ratio that has to be specified. That works fine with some hardware or software players, but after the request of someone to specify the aspect ratio of the SBS or T&B composite frame instead, I did some tests with as many players as possible, and I think now that it is better to store 32:9 for Full-SBS and 16:18 for Full-T&B. (Of course, Half-SBS and Half-T&B have still the 16:9 aspect ratio). Therefore, the full aspect ratio is now the default if you encode in Full mode. However, since there may be players that "prefer" the old 16:9 value, I have added the option to specify the desired aspect ratio in the Settings menu.

Note that the hidden option in the config file (introduced in the previous version) has been removed. If you encode in Full mode, please verify in the Settings menu if the current aspect ratio setting corresponds to your needs.

Quote:
# v0.60 (February 27, 2015)
# - New versions of Neuron2's DGMVCSource.dll (v1.0.0.23) and Intel's libmfxsw32.dll (v6.14.11.28) included. No more decoding bugs in Pacific Rim and Dragon Gate!
# - Little bug in the Convert Subtitles to 3D Tool: The default output format was undefined when the "both" option is selected in tab 2.
# - Added an explanation about the double 3D-depth values used internally by BD3D2MK3D in the 3D-planes.log file and in the Convert Subtitles to 3D Tool.
# - Changed the link called by the help button for the x264 additional options in tab 5, because the old site is closed
# - Added Settings -> Full-SBS/T&B Aspect Ratio option to select the aspect ratio to write in the MKV header when encoding in Full mode.
# - Removed the "full_ar_in_full_mode" hidden option introduced in v0.59 because you can now select that option in the GUI.
As always, you can download the current version here: BD3D2MK3D.7z