View Single Post
Old 26th February 2019, 21:15   #759  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Yeah, version hell again, this time not caused by Microsoft, but by the "AVS Plugins Modernization Effort" which started after the introduction of AVS+.

Basically users cannot mix older and newer versions of the AVSI scripts, the plugins these scripts depend on and the AVS versions. Everything needs to fit, a newer AVSI needs newer plugins plus a newer AVS+ version. No backward compatibility, going back from AVS+ to classic AVS requires to install older script and plugin versions.

I do use AVS+ now, but I do not care for the new High Bitdepth and HiColor features. All I want is MT. And I absolutely need backwards compatibility for my scripts and plugins.

For Srestore I use the last MoMonster version 2.7e together with an older MT_Masktools version. Works nicely under classic AVS 2.6 as well as under the latest AVS+ version. Here is an All-In-One version:
https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211...e_2.7e_AIO.zip

Cheers
manolito
most if not all edits I did for avsi's don't need newer avs+ (especially the last updates), even avs2.5 still supported in most of avsi's I edits, but most of times they (avsi's) need newer plugins if you using avs 2.6 or avs+

Last edited by real.finder; 26th February 2019 at 21:18.
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote