View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2018, 02:59   #1425  |  Link
Actionable Mango

Thank you r0lZ, this tool is wonderful. I've ripped my disc library in the past but have always had to keep the 3D discs out as an exception to that. Now I can finally include my 3D titles as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Unfortunately, the resolution of the Full-SBS (or Full-T&B) video stream is problematic. It is easy to understand that two subtitles scaled at 50% horizontally fit in the standard size of an HD movie (1920x1080). However, to build the 3D subtitles for Full-SBS, it is necessary to compose them on a canvas twice as large as the final resolution of the movie (3840x1080). Unfortunately, that size is simply not supported by the SUP streams, limited to standard HD resolution, and the two versions of BDSup2Sub that BD3D2MK3D requires to convert the subtitles to 3D cannot handle that size.
Would subtitles work on Frame Sequential video streams then? With FS, the frames would be "standard HD resolution" so it wouldn't have the problem you describe. Or is there a different problem with FS that prevents subtitles from working there?