View Single Post
Old 25th July 2015, 16:09   #445  |  Link
Polar

Thank you for swift reply. Plex can do transcoding, but not for what is concerned 3D. I plays the file as-is.

I have been emailing with a forum member "tal.aloni". He has found a solution to recode 3D to 2x720p Frame Sequential for playbak on PS3. I have tested these demo files and the work great on my projector, played over Plex. But is a manual process.

Maybe this could be something interesting for you to have a look at. The thread is here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170863.

As I wrote in my email to "tal.aloni":

"In this era of Home theaters and DLP 3D ready projectors flooding the marked, I find it a shame that no easy software solution is available for less tech-savvy persons like myself. 3D BDs just won't play on these low budget projectors unless they are in the right format.

As a conclusion it would be nice to find a user friendly solution that offers the flexibility to do just that. Convert 3D BDs to a format that allows one to store it on a media server and play back on the mentioned widely available hardware. Maybe with the help from professionals like you this can become a reality."

In other words, the solution is there, it only needs to be wrapped up in a nice and user friendly package . Let me know what you think.