View Single Post
Old 10th April 2023, 09:50   #116  |  Link
DTL

" if I could buy an hardware downscaler which uses SinPowResizeMT() I would, but I can't"

You can e-mail to any local or global planet hardware manufacturer about same looking kernel. It may be several minutes of engineer work to patch FPGA chip firmware and you will got either downloadable firmware upgrade for module or mail of new unit or installable board of scaler in the chassis. The math of the kernel in the AVS and JPSDR github opensource. I can ask local SDI hardware manufacturers but they may be not widely available at European market. For IP-based solutions it mostly simple patch of firmware.

Some more sad note about HDR from natural scenes: The HDR-capability or typical shot optics is limited to about 8 F-stops for 'high-key' scenes. Because of light scattering in glass itself and flare/glare on surfaces (surface finish/coatings/residual dust). And only for low-key scenes may be significantly larger. The 'standard' scenes is something inbetween. Unfortunately after the hype around HDR was started - close to no lens manufacturers announce any better HDR-lens series. So for general multi-lens zooms the HDR is the worst quality and for some low-lens cine primes (specially produced in clean low-dust environment, special coatings, special low-internal light scattering glass types, may be even reflective no-glass or hybrid mirror+glass optics) the high-key HDR may reach 10..12+ F-stops. Mirror-only optics typically is sort of fixed-focal prime of very large size. But extreme HDR optics expected to be glass-less (mirrors-based). Though it is really still in 8bit SDR range. So really the all possible in real hardware HDR is limited to some limited highlights non-clipping. Not about really nice colour expanding in shadows at high-DR scenes.

Last edited by DTL; 10th April 2023 at 10:13.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote