View Single Post
Old 14th June 2019, 13:59   #1577  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry for replying so late. For whatever reason, I have not been noticed of the new posts in this forum. Luckily, konikpolny has replied to most questions, and I have just to add that I agree totally with what he wrote.

Thanks Spaded21 for your positive feedback. Much appreciated ! And welcome to the Doom 9 forums.

Yes, the last version fixes the problem of the flat 3D when converting a movie with the inverted views with the FRIM decoder. The bug is fixed in the new FRIM decoder, and has never been present with the DGMVCSource decoder. So, just be sure to use the latest version, with whatever decoder you prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaded21 View Post
I have another question. Currently, some movies require me to use the 3D sync invert option on my projector and some do not. I would prefer not to have to use it at all. Is there a setting I can change to prevent this? And is this something I can only do prior to encoding?
As explained by konikpolny, BD3D2MK3D is smart enough to encode the movie with always the left view first, regardless of the order of the views in the original BD. Of course, if the info about the orders of the views in the BD is wrong, BD3D2MK3D will fail too, but AFAIK that case has happened only once, with an obscure Chinese movie.
So, I guess that you have to swap the views manually only when you play some original BDs (and that means that your equipment ignores the "left view first" flag, not a good point!), or you have played MKV files not created by BD3D2MK3D, or downloaded from YouTube or other sources. Currently, all movies converted with BD3D2MK3D should never need to manually invert the views. Again, konikpolny was right.

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th June 2019 at 14:41.