View Single Post
Old 4th July 2004, 01:07   #669  |  Link
davidv@plogue

Quote:
Originally posted by Eye of Horus
[B]Can that be possible, that a VST works good in certain programs only ? I thought it was an universal format.
And if it is indeed the VST that causes the problem, I for sure wouldn't pay $ 299.= for it !! (Despite the excellent results it gives !)
i think you may be close to something, theres a whole section of the VST format thats not used at all as my experience is concerned (600 plugins in my folder), and upon looking, it does contain details on expected host "speaker arrangements"
and _maybe_ the plugin expects us to feed it some valid values (prolly cubase/nuendo does that). And its a part of the standard that only some surround plugins require, but thats the first news i have of it.

Seems like i have no choice but to download the PACE bugger,
and check it it require us to feed it values "as if it were" inside nuendo.

Speaking of which, PACE is the most stickest copy protection you can find, it crawls everywhere and its been reported to cause some instabilities in some users PC (allthough im trying to find some proof of that, ill post the links when i do).

Its used as a desperate mesure to block piracy but often timnes bugs the legitimate users more.