View Single Post
Old 4th July 2004, 00:28   #668  |  Link
Eye of Horus
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by davidv@plogue
Hi

Unlike Directshow (graphedit and co)'s nighmarish configuration,
Bidule is not influenced in _any_ way by any directshow filters you may have installed, so .ax, directshow, and audio driver do _nothing_ to the computations in the bidule graph OR in the mapping of channels in our file writer, as we dont use any directshow filters to read or write files or to process audio.

all audio/file processing and mangling _appart_ from VSTs is entirely made in PlogueBidule.exe and libdnsfile.dll using cross platform code. reinstalling bidule wont change anything.
Please trust me on that will ya ?

As far as the SRS vst plugin is concerned, im afraid that theres NO way im going to install a PACE - protected plugin on my system. EVER.

PACE is EVIL.

i will try out woth the acousmodule one, and get you back on that.
(i fail to see how a VST can grow arms and penetrate bidule's graph code and mess things up)

Now the reason why i ask for a step by step way to reproduce and a specific bidule file is just because i KNOW (im a bidule programmer), that the problem is either in the VST or in the way the cables are wired.

Im trying to isolate the "bug" here.

Ive proven before that Besweet OR the bidule's file writer is NOT to blame. Now there MAY be a bug in the bidule intermodule routing, but if there is one, it is STATIC, it doesnt change if you load a 16 bit wav file or a 32 bit wav file., but maybe only if you add/remove connections between the various VSTs and bidules. (this is why i need the .bidules) or if you load an entirely new bidule (which has different routings)

Cheers
OK ! I will post it tomorrow as an attachment to your emailaddress !
BTW I also think the problem is in the VST, but.... it does work in other programs like Nuendo, as the spokeswoman of SRS said.
Can that be possible, that a VST works good in certain programs only ? I thought it was an universal format.
And if it is indeed the VST that causes the problem, I for sure wouldn't pay $ 299.= for it !! (Despite the excellent results it gives !)

BTW can you explain more about "PACE is EVIL" ?
Does it do anything unwanted to your system ? (I ask this because I just used AD-Aware for the first time on my PC and was surprised by the amount of thrash it found !)

kind regards,

EoH