View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2003, 01:05   #9  |  Link
neily

Snollygoster,

Yes, don't take it to heart. It is something I learnt the hard way too. I put out my effort, AVSGenie some 6 or 7 months ago. Making the jump from a personal tool to a public one is a big step. People are quick to criticise, but seldom praise. Having said that the early criticism of my interface, whilst I couldn't understand it at the time, was very constructive.

My advice would be keep in mind that this is something you developed originally for yourself, don't spend too much time trying to second guess what others may want out of it (other than simplicity of operation), try to be objective about criticism (the point may be valid, even though initially you or I may not see it), don't expect praise, don't expect bug reports despite how many people download the program, and just try to take some satisfaction in the thought that someone somewhere may be actually using it and finding it helpful.

To be honest, I too am not a fan of the signup procedure, and many others have put in huge amounts of effort to the core program, plugins and advice and support in these forums without feeling the need to impose such a system.
neily is offline   Reply With Quote