View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 23:45   #1218  |  Link
-Vit-

kolak: Glad DCT=5 worked. Did you still need the higher Rep value or that extra script I posted to stabilize the sections outside the fade?
___

SubJunk: Thanks for the link. I agree DCT=5 can be useful when there are luma change problems, but I am less convinced in general - it can make some strange choices. I certainly wouldn't say it was essential for QTGMC.
___

cybersharky: I can't tell what your problem is without part of your source video.

___

Tormento: I reverted to an older (original) fftw3.dll because I had previously been using a renamed version the newer libfftw3f-3.dll instead, which is not appropriate given the interface/functionality may not be the same. The old version is used by fft3dfilter, the new one by dfttest. If you don't like using a file from 2004, then your can rename the newer one to copy over the older one - it seems safe enough, but if it makes your cat explode then it's not my problem.
I have been trying to use the latest "official" version of all the plugins. However, you're correct - someone did some new development on AddGrain and I forgot, I'll have a look. MVTools2 and dfttest are a small problem because they are now effectively maintained by cretindesalpes - and I'm not up to date with them. That's because I hope that cretindesalpes will create new-interface-2.6 versions - then I wouldn't have to compile my own versions at all. In any case, you can use either set of plugins, it's up to you. You can even mix them up safely on 2.6MT, for example to use cretindesalpes versions. I hope that we will be able to reduce this dll bloat soon. An official 2.6 beta with the new interface would help.

A new CUDA compiler will not help QTGMC because none of the plugins use CUDA.

___

Yanak: you question is quite general - in fact I'm not exactly sure what the focus of your question is. QTGMC is not a script for upscaling. There are better denoisers than QTGMC, and I don't know what you mean by "sharpen reduction". QTGMC is mainly for deinterlacing (is your footage even interlaced?).
I think you would be better to post a new thread, maybe even in the Newbies forum, because I don't think your answer is specifically to do with QTGMC.

Last edited by -Vit-; 10th May 2012 at 23:49.