View Single Post
Old 7th March 2022, 18:11   #5  |  Link
Dave_Scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Where did you get that from in his post? (I just read that aom-av1 was to slow for him.)
Thank you Selur) After all choices, I finished using Hybrid. Only one problem with saving timestamps of original file (under windows). Not able to save this in new filenames. This information is lost.

Im using veryslow preset (got 2.3fps):
Quote:
As for now I use x265 veryslow + opus 96kbps with original resolution (1080-2160) and frame rate (30-60).
Use "x265 Hybrid Default" but set Bit depth 8-bit and Preset veryslow and aq-mode 3 gives me this cmd line:

Code:
x265 --input - --output-depth 8 --y4m --profile main10 --limit-modes --no-early-skip --rskip 0 --no-open-gop --opt-ref-list-length-pps --lookahead-slices 0 --crf 18.00 --opt-qp-pps --cbqpoffs -2 --crqpoffs -2 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --limit-refs 0 --ssim-rd --psy-rd 2.50 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 10.00 --aq-mode 3 --no-cutree --deblock=-1:-1 --limit-sao --no-repeat-headers --range limited --colormatrix unknown --output "C:\temp\DJI_0837_x265_crf18_veryslow_aq3_opus96.265"
With this settings I get 104Mbps it even bigger than my source bitrate from DJI Pocket2 (60-100mbps).

For my 4TB Nas storage acceptable bitrate for video archive is around 8-15mbit/s and want to find optimal settings for this.

I just want to use power and unlimited time of my PC to increase compress ratio for my DJI camera and mobile phone videos. Because I have limited storage.

Another question is that I think no need to resize video to 1080p (lost information). Better to use original resolution and frame rate and use acceptable CRF for my acceptable bitrate.

Last edited by Dave_Scream; 7th March 2022 at 18:16.
Dave_Scream is offline   Reply With Quote