View Single Post
Old 24th February 2016, 13:52   #813  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Normally, the two decoders should give the same result since they use the same decoder library (unless there is a bug in one of them of course). Slightly different speeds are of course possible, but I have never really tried to compare them.

However, I remember that someone (I think it's Frank, but I'm not sure) has reported decoding problems with FRIM in the past. It's why I have considered DGMVCSource as better, but honestly, I have never noticed that problems personally. And the last bug was in DGMVCDecode (or more precisely, in DGMVCDecode when used with the latest Intel libs), while FRIM worked fine, as you know. That bug is fixed now, so currently I think we can consider the two plugins as equivalent.

I keep the two decoders anyway, because each time Intel releases a new version of the decoder, new bugs can appear, and it is better to leave the possibility to the user to try if the other decoder plugin gives better results.

If you are sure that FRIM is faster, I think you can safely use FRIM by default. Of course, let me know if you find a bug or a problem with a specific BD.