View Single Post
Old 18th June 2015, 10:00   #395  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

How can I see if the colours are really wrong if you post the image of BDSup2Sub with "SUP (BD)" selected for the output format, and therefore showing two totally identical images of the subtitle?
Anyway, are you sure that you have loaded the palette before exporting the subtitles?
And have you understood that by default the palette is generated after having analysed a single subtitle ONLY? If you have subtitles in several different colours in the same stream, you have to enable Settings -> VobSub Palette -> Analyse All Subtitles (Very Slow).
Finally, remember that if you convert to VobSub format, it is NOT possible to obtain perfect colours. There will always be a difference, due to the limitations of the VobSub format.

I have already replied to the question about the CRF value. 23 is the default value and is imo a very good default, because it compresses very well for a very good visual quality. You can lower if if you wish, to obtain a better quality but a biggest file. To obtain the best quality and if the file size is not a criteria for you, try CRF 0 (lossless). And buy a new hard disc for all movies you will convert, because you'll get a huge file! In fact, your question doesn't make sense, because I can't know what you consider as the best balance between quality and file size.

Last edited by r0lZ; 18th June 2015 at 10:03.