View Single Post
Old 4th March 2014, 20:23   #24250  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois76l View Post
I'm already in fullscreen exclusive mode.
I will try to desactivate Aero in the MadVr options.
If you're already in FSE mode then you don't need to disable Aero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois76l View Post
I don't have tearing problems but since a few days I have a lot of jerking especially during rapid movements. I was thinking it could be a VSYNC problem
Please have a look at the debug OSD (Ctrl+J) while you have that jerking. Do any of the queues get near empty at those times? Do you get any dropped or delayed frames listed in the OSD, or presentation glitches? Also please try to increase the size of the CPU and GPU queues (e.g. 16 CPU, 12 GPU) and also the number of pre-presented frames for exclusive mode (I'd suggest at least 8, maybe 12, currently you have 4).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaju123 View Post
Maybe if enough people submit a bug report here then the issue with d3d9 - opencl interop cost will be fixed by AMD:

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B1A
I don't have much hope, but it might be worth a try. I wish I could still contact AMD devrel. There used to be an email available for that, but it doesn't work, anymore. So I've no way to contact AMD developer relations, anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annovif View Post
Hello, i've got a light version of windows 8 , can i know what kind of microsoft net framework or other microsoft software i have to load for 0.87.4 madvr full functionality?
You may need to update/install Direct3D9. Windows 7 and 8 only come with a subset of D3D9 functionality, so installing D3D9 might be helpful. Other than that I'm not aware of anything you have to install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiandow View Post
Does anyone know of a way to apply a shader after smooth motion but before dithering? I made a shader which uses a trick to gamma correct the dithering algorithm, and I'd like to see if this solves the 'blinking' but to do that I need to apply it after the frames are blended.
In the long run I might make things like this possible, but currently it's just not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
the "problem" i see with HFR files on "low" frame rate display is a lot of blur and even ghosting. so i'm question if this is the right way to handle these files.
so a realistic case is a 60 fps file on a max 30 fps screen. (4k hdmi 1.4 displays)

here is a file i created to trigger a bug in madvr(you may encounter it too, but it is reported and fixed in 87.5) it's a real vfr ~ 119 fps 5 sec sample: file

you should be able to reproduce the blur and ghosting from smooth motion.
you only have to actived smooth motion, all smooth motion settings trigger on a 60 fps screen

so what did the reader of this thread think about this? i'm totally aware that this is NOT a serious problem because 120 fps file are very rare and 30 fps max displays even more.

i may created a CFR 120 fps file with really high motion later if i find the time. higher motion= higher effect.
FWIW, after trying your 120Hz sample, I'm not sure whether I prefer smooth motion to be on or off for this sample (monitor set to 60Hz). With SM FRC on, the whole experience is definitely much smoother. With SM FRC off, it's sharper. But we're talking about aliased game graphics here. Do we really want graphics to be aliased? Then you may want to turn off SM FRC, and you may turn on Nearest Neighbor sampling, too... Ok, just kidding.

I do wonder, though, how filmed 120Hz content looks with smooth motion frc on/off. I think for filmed content it might have less visible disadvantages than game content has. But as I said above, I'm not even sure if I prefer smooth motion frc to be off for game content.

If you do make another sample, please make it a lot longer, like at least 30 seconds or so. Thanks.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote