View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2010, 02:43   #17  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmoth View Post
I'm interested too, yetanotherid, where is your hard evidence you are not offering and would criticize others if they posted the same exact comment???
There's no need to emphasise words when asking such a straightforward question, it achieves nothing but to indicate you're emphasis is an attempt to compensate for a lack of validity.

Firstly, I wouldn't criticise anyone for posting such a detailed and logical explanation as why they hold an opinion on a matter which, to the best of my knowledge, can't be proved.
Should I disagree with them I'd probably say so, I might criticise their rationale, and I may even upset them by offering my own explanations as to why I disagree, but I certainly wouldn't criticise their attempt to provide an explanation.

Secondly, your current demand for proof, given your track record of refusing to answer questions asked of you, dismissing other's explanations for no better reason than "I'm not going to change my mind", when combined with your own unwillingness to supply proof supporting your opinion when it's practical to do so, is evidence of your own hypocrisy, not mine, and given I've stated several times I don't know if there is a way to offer definitive proof of what I'm saying, to then ask me why I've not done so would seem to either be a willingness to ask a silly question, or an inability to realise why it's silly.

I have though stated at least twice I've performed numerous single pass encodes at a particular quality, then used the resulting file size for a 2 pass encode and the quality invariably matches.... give or take a percent, and that I consider this to be evidence which supports my claim. While I'd understand if you disagreed as to whether this proves anything, and stated why you disagreed, because you instead asked why I've not attempted to offer any proof, I can only assume your question is in respect to a definition of the word proof with which I'm for some reason unfamiliar.

If you don't think my explanation is correct then by all means say so, but if you're going to do so, please for once have an equally logical argument on offer to support your own opinion and reasons for stating I'm incorrect. If you find the topic interesting, try contributing to it in a manner which errr.... contributes.

Last edited by yetanotherid; 22nd October 2010 at 05:37. Reason: spelling