View Single Post
Old 14th November 2017, 10:27   #1298  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Great info again. But I wonder how PotPlayer selects the offset sequence to use, since an external SRT is not associated with a specific 3D-plane. I know that the first plane is often pure garbage (containing only null bytes, or a constant depth) and it is somewhat difficult for an human to choose within the available planes the best one for a specific SRT or language. I don't think that PotPlayer can do an analysis of the available planes to reject the ones that are obviously not suitable for the given SRT file, as that would require much time. Also, the first non-null 3D-Plane is usually made for the subtitle in the original language of the movie, and has therefore usually no 3D values for the forced subtitles of the other languages, and is therefore not really suitable either. So, does it take the next available plane, blindly? Or can it use several planes, and automatically switch to another plane if a specific subtitle has only a null 3D value in the default plane?

I don't have a 3D graphic card, so I can't test, but if you can figure out how PotPlayer selects and handle the 3D-plane for the external SRT files, please let us know.