View Single Post
Old 24th March 2016, 19:46   #891  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
but the stream type of track 2 is DTS-HD instead of DTS-HD-MA. I need a correct stream type to determine precisely the way the audio can be processed and display the correct info in the GUI.
For me is enough DTS-HD, the question is extract the 'core' or preserve the HD, no mather if is MA or HR.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I haven't found so far a BD with a DTS-HD High Res track, and therefore I cannot check if tsMuxeR prints something different for HD and MA.
A DTS Hi-Res, 7.1 channels, 3018kbps, 96kHz (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz) in mkv is show by tsMuxeR like:

Code:
Track ID:    2
Stream type: DTS-HD
Stream ID:   A_DTS
Stream info: Bitrate: 3045Kbps  Sample Rate: 96KHz  Channels: 7.1
Less info than a DTS-MA

Quote:
The second problem I have is with TrueHD audio...
Obviously, tsMuxeR is unable to recognise the THD track. I don't know if it's a bug in MakeMKV or in tsMuxeR, and if the problem exists with all THD tracks or if it is specific to the BD I've used. Again, someone can confirm that TrueHD is not supported by tsMuxeR ?
Seems than tsMuxeR don't recognise THD track (Atmos or standard) in mkv's. Always get: Can't detect stream type

A workaround can be use eac3to 3Dmovie.mkv

Code:
MKV, 1 video track, 3 audio tracks, 0:02:29, 24p
1: h264/AVC, 1080p24 (16:9)
2: TrueHD (Atmos), English, 7.1 channels, 48kHz
3: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48kHz

Quote:
Finally, I have been unable to find a BD3D with an example of AC3+ (aka EAC3) stream, and therefore I don't know what tsMuxeR prints in its Stream Type field.
Not from a BD3D but:

Code:
Track ID:    4
Stream type: E-AC3 (DD+)
Stream ID:   A_AC3
Stream info: Bitrate: 1664Kbps (core 640Kbps) Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 7.1
Stream lang: eng

Last edited by tebasuna51; 24th March 2016 at 19:49.